Las Vegas, NV
What you'll do:
The Quality Control Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and is responsible for the day-to-day management and performance of the Quality Control (QC) program. Duties will include questionnaires, audits, reporting, communication and remediation efforts with the staff to ensure compliance with federal and state law, agency/GSE requirements, investor guidelines, client requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development, execution and maintenance of Valley West Mortgage’s QC program, including sampling, auditing, questionnaires, and test plans utilizing industry standard practices.
- Supervise QC Analysts and ensure the team is meeting the requirements of the QC program, including quality control testing, reporting deadlines, performance goals, and KPIs.
- Sample and identify loans that require review, including preparing necessary data files for monthly testing.
- Conduct periodic file reviews, including discretionary reviews, ATQ reviews and target of high-risk areas, or other reviews as identified by management.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the businesses and vendors to reconcile issues, identify areas of weakness or high risk, and determine root cause of deficiencies to drive management action plans with the business units.
- Create, implement, and track through completion and validation of action plans to address defects and mitigate risks.
- Create robust and comprehensive reporting, and trending analysis of findings and observations measuring performance of the business units and QC analysts.
- Ensure professional communication of accurate and timely findings and observations to the business units, senior management, and GSEs.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Proven management experience to effectively lead staff
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Must be a self-starter and perform duties with limited supervision
- Excellent issue identification and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork oriented and able to work well with others
- Ability to learn audit and other systems and applications quickly, and retain necessary information for daily work processes
- Fluency in the use of Encompass LOS.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of QC experience with FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC, and related financial services organization
- Knowledge of federal and state laws impacting mortgage servicing, including TILA, ECOA, FCRA, RESPA, the Fair Housing Act, the Homeowners Protection Act, and predatory lending laws
- Competency in, and understanding of investor and insurer requirements
- Experience with Encompass, Quest Soft, and/or other QC programs a plus
About the company:
At Valley West Mortgage, customer service is a way of life. We put the needs of our clients first by empowering our team members, and providing all the necessary tools needed to complete their transactions. We are dedicated to finding great rates and loan options for our customers while offering some of the fastest turn times in the industry. As a leading mortgage lender based in Las Vegas, NV, with over two decades of experience under our belts, we are committed to offer tailor-made solutions that meet the individual needs of our clients.
Since opening our doors in 2004 our team has helped thousands of Americans achieve their dream of homeownership. We have not only been dedicated to providing unparalleled customer service, but also to continuously growing. Aa full-service lender we offer a boutique style lending environment with a focus on meeting the needs of our clients. With in-house operations from origination to post-closing, everything our clients need are all under one roof. Becoming part of the Valley West Mortgage family guarantees you are among a select few willing to commit to the values needed to ensure homeowners are provided top-level customer service.