Las Vegas, NV
What you'll do:
The primary function of the Compliance Manager is to monitor laws and regulations related to Valley West Mortgage required by all applicable State and Federal Regulators, along with all final take-out investors. The Compliance Manager maintains and implements the company’s compliance policies and procedures across all departments, provides advice, guidance and insight to Senior Management and staff personnel on emerging compliance issues, and the establishment of controls to mitigate risk. Will continuously evaluate all procedures to ensure Valley West Mortgage delivers compliant solutions to clients, GSE’s, State Examiners, and take-out investors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute upon, and recommend changes to, Valley West Mortgage’s Compliance Management System (CMS) as necessary and appropriate.
- Create, modify, update and implement the company’s policies.
- Responsible for annual HMDA and all company reporting to all states (annual/quarterly)
- Provide guidance and ensure timely submission of regulatory reporting, including but not limited to regulator file submissions relating to NMLS and DFS. Assist in the identification of risk areas and metrics.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the compliance audit plan, and oversee various compliance audits.
- Oversee operations of Valley West Mortgage’s fair lending compliance plan. Provide regular and timely reporting to senior management on fair lending risks, testing plans and results, and related issues.
- Act as primary liaison for tracking and responding to any consumer complaints received pursuant to company policy.
- Act as a general resource to staff on matters of compliance. Administer various inboxes and other intake methods for compliance questions and support requests.
- Liaise with other departmental heads to ensure that all business operations are in line with business policies.
- Prepare all applicable reports for delivery and review with Senior Management and all applicable parties requiring review.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of, and background in, regulatory compliance. Ability to read and understand law and regulation and effectively summarize substantive information for management.
- Knowledge of agency/investor guidelines and requirements, including FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, and GNMA.
- Knowledge of, or direct experience with, administration of a SAFE Act compliance program and individual and company licensing requirements.
- Knowledge of HMDA fields and requirements.
- Experience administering or assisting with the administration of a fair lending program.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communications.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working with little supervision, having the demeanor and ability to safeguard highly confidential information.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management as well as clients.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Fluency in the use of Encompass LOS.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business administration, or equivalent. Experience in the financial services industry required. Mortgage banking compliance and management experience preferred.
About the company:
At Valley West Mortgage, customer service is a way of life. We put the needs of our clients first by empowering our team members, and providing all the necessary tools needed to complete their transactions. We are dedicated to finding great rates and loan options for our customers while offering some of the fastest turn times in the industry. As a leading mortgage lender based in Las Vegas, NV, with over two decades of experience under our belts, we are committed to offer tailor-made solutions that meet the individual needs of our clients.
Since opening our doors in 2004 our team has helped thousands of Americans achieve their dream of homeownership. We have not only been dedicated to providing unparalleled customer service, but also to continuously growing. Aa full-service lender we offer a boutique style lending environment with a focus on meeting the needs of our clients. With in-house operations from origination to post-closing, everything our clients need are all under one roof. Becoming part of the Valley West Mortgage family guarantees you are among a select few willing to commit to the values needed to ensure homeowners are provided top-level customer service.